In which a valuable lesson about Lua is learned.
Development Progress Report, week 65
If it’s Monday, it must be time for an update!
Development Progress Report, week 64
Feedback is awesome! Seriously.
Managing to get a couple of people to give the game a try was incredibly energising and very informative!
Development Progress Report, week 62
Fun with the story-compiler, the scripting interface, and fonts this week. Also discovered a biggish screw-up.
Development Progress Report, week 61
First update of the new year. Spending New Year’s Eve coding is fundamentally on-brand for me, so that’s what I did.
This ultimately resulted in the largest update to the game in quite a while.
Development Progress Report, week 60
Well, I’ve built a lot on top of last week’s successes. Splitting the save-files into multiple sub-files was a good move. Following the logical thread of that, the compiled story-file is now a set of sub-files as well; and I was able to do something pretty awesome with that.
Development Progress Report, week 59
Last week, there were a bunch of things that weren’t quite right. Attempts to improve font-handling were bungled, music wasn’t restoring properly when the game was reloaded (which I thought I fixed, but I wasn’t entirely correct), and image-transitions were kind of fouling up my cool game-loading effect.
This week, that’s all sorted.
Development Progress Report, week 48
So, a funny thing happened while I was finishing off the last of the image transitions this week…
Development Progress Report, week 47
For a change, this week I buckled down and tried to work on just one thing, rather than dozens.
Or, perhaps, it might be fairer to say that I started working on one thing, and just got kind of caught up in it. You know how that is.
Development Progress Report, weeks 44-46
A three-week jump this time, due to a lack of time on devblog day. There are some developments that I’m excited about.