Much progress this week. The SDL porting is essentially complete, and the code now also builds and runs on 64-bit Linux!
A whole lot of the code, and the drawing/rendering logic is a whole lot cleaner than it was, though there’s more that can be done there.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 18
Coming out of the tangled and awkward mess that constitutes the usual (and I use the term advisedly), “festive season”, I’ve had my head down with a fairly major overhaul of the game-engine.
Once I started, it was hard to stop – particularly, since once I started, the engine was pretty much broken until I was mostly done. The primary work was converting to SDL (version 2, in case you’re wondering). I spent a couple hours figuring SDL out, then dove into the conversion.
The secondary work was just as interesting, as I started doing the necessary portability work to get the engine to build and run on other platforms.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, weeks 16+17