Last week, there were a bunch of things that weren’t quite right. Attempts to improve font-handling were bungled, music wasn’t restoring properly when the game was reloaded (which I thought I fixed, but I wasn’t entirely correct), and image-transitions were kind of fouling up my cool game-loading effect.
This week, that’s all sorted.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 59
Three weeks. It’s been a while since the last update.
Most of the last three weeks have involved tidying and documenting code. Documentation is important, but often not for the reasons people think it is important.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, weeks 56-58
Nothing especially exciting to report this week, but there is a picture!
The narrative has topped 255K words (as you see in the image above), so that’s progressing slowly. I’ve also been working a little on trying to get the story-compiler to output some useful additional information.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 55
This update is a couple days late, because some appointments and things got in the way.
I’ll be brief. I promise.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 54
Not a lot of progress to report, on account of Melbourne International Games Week, which was both exhausting and amazing.
Games Connect Asia Pacific was rough going, featuring a lot of stuff that I was just plain out-of-practice with, but the sessions were great, I met a few people, and was able to talk more about my game and about theirs. Pretty awesome!
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 53
Week 52. How did we even get here?
I’ve not worked on Argus and SNAFU every week since I started the project, so it has technically been a bit longer, but there have been 52 weeks now that I’ve put in at least one hour’s work in a given week.
Continue reading Anniversary Development Progress Report, week 52
The last two weeks have been about refactoring narrative. If you’ve been keeping up with these development blogs, you’ll already be aware that I’ve done a lot to introduce newer, clearer, improved syntax to the story definition to make authoring a lot easier.
What isn’t so easy is going back and actually converting over 25,000 lines of narrative from the old syntax to the new syntax.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, weeks 50+51
This week is all about refitting the narrative. I have the worst compiler in Compiler Town.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 49
So, a funny thing happened while I was finishing off the last of the image transitions this week…
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 48
For a change, this week I buckled down and tried to work on just one thing, rather than dozens.
Or, perhaps, it might be fairer to say that I started working on one thing, and just got kind of caught up in it. You know how that is.
Continue reading Development Progress Report, week 47